From: Aleksandar Fabijanic (aleskx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-13 16:31:11

Hello,

I'm having problems comiling linking with Bosst and
STLport. Development environment is Visual Studio .NET
2003.

I am building Boost like this:

C:\Projects\boost\boost_1_32_0>bjam
-sTOOLS="vc-7_1-stlport"
-sBUILD="<stlport-iostream>on"
-sBUILD="<native-wchar_t>on" stage

C:\Projects\boost\boost_1_32_0>bjam
-sTOOLS="vc-7_1-stlport"
-sBUILD="<stlport-iostream>on"
-sBUILD="<native-wchar_t>on" install

This builds and creates C:\Boost\... inlcude and lib
dirs.

When I try to include <boost/thread/thread.hpp> from
my app, I am encountering following problems:

Debug:

warning: STLPort debug versions are built with
/D_STLP_DEBUG=1
c:\Boost\include\boost-1_32\boost\config\auto_link.hpp(206)
: fatal error C1189: #error : "Build options aren't
compatible with pre-built libraries"

Release:

Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE'
due to '/OPT:ICF' specification
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_thread-vc71-mt-sp-1_32.lib'

I have libboost_thread-vc71-mt-sgdp.lib
What bjam options do I use to build Boost so it
compiles in Debug and produces the library name linker
is looking for in Release?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Alex