From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-16 13:27:05

Actually, my suggestion isn't motivated by inclusion of any feature in
particular. Its more of a desire to avoid the painful experience of last
time. I think more frequent releases in smaller increments would have the
following benefits.

a) I think it would be easier
b) authors would be encouraged to keep code maintained as opposed to "doing
it before the next release"
c) code would be better as many seeming small changes are discovered when
the library gets out into the real world.
d) libary authors wouldn't feel pressured to include development code
prematurely in order to "make the release" . Currently, if an opportunity
to include somethng is missed, its a long time before it appears again.

I realize this is predicated on a re-organization of the testing
methodology. I have made suggestions along this line in another recent
email.

Robert Ramey

Francis ANDRE wrote:
> If I had to vote somewhere in Boost, I would approved the suggestion
> of Robert since the serialization in DLL is a long awaited feature!!

FYI - I had anticipated that packaging the serialization library as a DLL
with auto-link would be a piece of cake. It turned out to be a huge hassle
for a number of non-obvious reasons. This is sort of the story of my life.

Robert Ramey