From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-20 14:57:25

Jody Hagins <jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:50:07 -0500
> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> The way these things are handled is as follows: if another Boost
>> library wants to use facilities that are an implementation detail of
>> an existing Boost library, they are moved into boost/detail by the
>> author of the former library. If someone wants to make the
>> functionality available to users, that person moves it into namespace
>> boost, documents it, and writes tests. Then the library goes through
>> a fast-track review process.
>>
>> I'm happy to have either of those things happen to that code, but I'm
>> not volunteering to do any of the work ;-)
>

> OK, in some spare moments, I am making an attempt. However, I seem to
> have run into many minor issues.
>
> The first is that I can not reproduce your documented problems with
> comparisons being wrong from shared libraries. My compiler triggers the
> workaround. However, when I explicitly remove the workaround, my tests
> still pass.
>
> Do you have any tests that demonstrate this is broken behavior?

You may need to reproduce the scenario that occurs in Boost.Python.
Two shared C++ libraries (extension modules) are loaded by the
application with dlopen. Each of these libraries links dynamically in
the ordinary way to the same C++ library (Boost.Python).

You can reproduce the problem by running

  bjam try

in

  libs/python/test

--