From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-20 19:30:49

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:57:25 -0500
David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> You may need to reproduce the scenario that occurs in Boost.Python.
> Two shared C++ libraries (extension modules) are loaded by the
> application with dlopen. Each of these libraries links dynamically in
> the ordinary way to the same C++ library (Boost.Python).
>
> You can reproduce the problem by running
>

> bjam try
>
> in
>
> libs/python/test
I am sorry, Dave. However, I can not get it to build (probably because
I do not understand anything about jam). When I try to build out of
that directory, I get all kinds of errors. Here is how I build from the
root...

cd ${BOOST_ROOT}
bjam -sTOOLS=gcc --builddir=/home/jody/src/boost/bin
--stagedir=/home/jody/src/boost/bin --with-python-root=/usr stage

and this builds everything and puts it into the stage directory (and
then I used that directory as the place to keep the libs).

However, if I try to execute the same command in the lower directory...

cd ${BOOST_ROOT}/libs/python/test
bjam -sTOOLS=gcc --builddir=/home/jody/src/Borg/HEAD/boost/bin
--with-python-root=/usr try

I get the following errors...

skipping Boost.Python library build due to missing or incorrect
configuration

couldn't find Python.h in "/usr/local/include/python2.2"

You can configure the location of your python installation by setting:
PYTHON_ROOT - currently "/usr/local"
PYTHON_VERSION - The 2-part python Major.Minor version number (e.g.
                 "2.2", NOT "2.2.1") - currently "2.2"

The following are automatically configured from PYTHON_ROOT if not
otherwise set:

    PYTHON_LIB_PATH - path to Python library object; currently
                          "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/config"
    PYTHON_INCLUDES - path to Python #include directories; currently
"/usr/local/include/python2.2"
don't know how to make try
...found 1 target...
...can't find 1 target...