From: Stuart Dootson (stuart.dootson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-24 09:07:09

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:43:02 -0700, Dave <better_cs_now_at_[hidden]> wrote:

< snipped >

> Well, the difficulty lies in the fact that the libs are spread over
> different directories. It may be that I simply have to add a directory for
> each lib...

Dave - how did you build the libs? I find that if you use

   bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" stage

or

   bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" install

then the libraries are gathered into a single directory.

The way I incorporate Boost into VC7.1 projects is to use the Visual
Studio add-in @
http://www.workspacewhiz.com/OtherAddins.html#SolutionBuildEnvironment
to let me define per-solution environment variables, then use those to
specify extra include directories and library directories in the
project properties.

This allows machine independence (for example, if I work on something
at home and at work, where my library paths are different) and also
allows me to use different versions of libraries (not just Boost -
things like libxml2 or libxslt as well) in different solutions.

Stuart Dootson