From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-28 15:47:24

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> I'm aware that efforts to agree on a units library have failed to reach a
> consensus. But perhaps its might be possible that a consensus could be
> reached on a dimensional analysis library? That would be a good first
> step
> and useful in its own right.

Yes the dimensional analysis is in practise simple and well known , (due to
Walter Brown, David Abrahams/AlexeiGurtovoys et al's code) and could
presumably be finalised, but it needs implementation of a compile time
rational eg boost::mpl::rational_c ( I think Cromwell Enage is working on
this?), (with some compiletime operators.),which is a 'building block' for
it.

I assume that the rational impl could then plug straight in to the mpl book
code ?

regards
Andy Little