From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-30 07:20:59

Edward Diener wrote:
> Attempting to check out the latest Boost I am being stopped by:
>
> cvs checkout: [23:53:01] waiting for agurtovoy's lock in
> /cvsroot/boost/boost/libs/utility/doc

I got this last night as well, and now I get:

cvs update: [11:54:03] waiting for martin_wille's lock in
/cvsroot/boost/boost/tools/build/v2/test/m1-03

CVS has now thwarted my last four attempts to check out. I wonder if
"subversion" has been considered as an alternative? IMHO it is well
worth playing with. I have used it with excellent results, the
subversion team has preserved the interface of CVS and fixed many issues
that I had come to accept as the facts of life (takes forever to
update/diff, can't version directory structure, lock problems...) Maybe
I'm the only one feeling CVS pain, but if there were interest I could
easily import boost into a publicly availably subversion repository for
people to play with.

--
troy d. straszheim