From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-30 13:24:57

Stefan Slapeta wrote:
> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>
>> Sorry!
>>
>> Okay, I've commented out the compression tests.
>>
>> I expected the compression tests to fail on some system because they
>> need some environment variables set. But I don't understand why they
>> would break the other tests.
>>

> Because all the targets have to be known at the beginning of the test
> run.
>
> What is meant by 'boost_zlib'? I'm not aware of such a lib in boost?!

It's defined in boost-root/libs/iostreams/build/zlib.jam, which is imported by
boost-root/libs/iostreams/test/Jamfile

> Do you mean external libraries that have to be configured by environment
> settings?

The default values should work on unix-like systems including Cygwin. For other
windows systems,environment variables need to be set. Making the compression
test pass is not my first priority, though.

I was expecting compiler errors of the form "cannot find 'zlib.h'"

> Btw, did you realize that all the lines of your source files end with
> "\r\r\n" in cvs?

I looked at a 8 randomly selected files with a hex editor and don't see any
problems. My text editors generally warn about inconsistent line-endings. If you
point out the corrupted files, I'll fix them ASAP.

> Stefan

Jonathan