From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-31 12:01:52

On Jan 31, 2005, at 11:17 AM, David Abrahams wrote:
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:
>> I have my doubts that they are comparible in size w.r.t number of
>> users. Are
>> these internal projects or external projects?
>
> I can't answer this one... Doug?

These are internal projects, mainly, so they have fewer users than
Boost. There are some big users of subversion listed on their
propaganda page:

        http://subversion.tigris.org/propaganda.html

I think we can be reasonably assured that the Subversion software can
handle the Boost repository.

Your second question was whether OSL has the resources and capabilities
to manage such a repository. I can't give you a definitive "yes" on
that without having tried it. However, I can say that Boost is
important at OSL, so turnaround time on problems should be much better
than with Sourceforge, where we're just one of 94,673 projects. And
since we use subversion for other projects, a broken Boost repository
probably means a broken repository for anything else; we're not going
to allow work to grind to a halt for the whole lab.

        Doug