From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-01 13:09:38

Jared McIntyre wrote:
> I did an inital build of everything using bjam, and that worked fine,
> however, bjam appears to build the libraries linking to the static
> multithreaded C runtime, I had to rebuild them from the VC7 project
> included with a change to link to the multithreaded dll of the
> runtime (or I run into a lot of duplicate function definitions at
> link). Otherwise, it built fine on bjam. Is there a way to build
> with bjam so that it uses the dll version of the multithreaded
> runtime?
>
> I'm now doing some tests with building everything from the delivered
> VC7 project, demos and all, and the demos are failing mostly with
> msvcrt linking issues. I haven't tried that before.

This is almost surely an issue of the library build settings out of sync
with the program build settings. The included VC7 IDE projects might be out
of sync with the bjam builds. here are some other things to try

a) from with in the serialization/test directory, invoke the batch file with
the argument vc-7_1 . This should build all the libraries, demos and tests
for the serialization libary with a consistent set of settings.
b) If the above works, move the libraries from where they are build
boostdir/bin/... etc to you favorite local spot and alter thid IDE projects
to point to them.
c) Note that I have found that the IDE projects with the VC 7.1 IDE often
report a non-sensical error when I try to bring them up. This can be fixed
by going to the build menu item and selecting configuration setup and
explictly selectinga configureuation. The problem then goes away for a
while. Its an VC IDE thing.

Robert Ramey