From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-05 11:19:33

> This would indeed solve our short-term problem, but by promoting a
> nonstandard aligned_storage, aren't we doing our users a disservice by
> making it harder for them to migrate to the "real" aligned_storage?

It's non-standard only in the sense that it supports some "extra" features
that aren't present in the TR, I admit users could end up using these
features inadvertently though. For now I just want to get the tests running
again. I guess in the long run I agree with you, but I'd like to hear from
the authors of aligned_storage: it wouldn't be fair to more or less
unilaterally deprecate their work!

John.