From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-05 19:02:53

At 02:44 PM 2/5/2005, Edward Diener wrote:

>My numbers are 288 MB for SVN and 96 MB for CVS. I have checked out only
>the
>latest Boost directory structure from both. That 3-1 margin is bothersome
>but is not the margin you reported. Is it possible that your numbers do
not
>take into account the same files being checked out by each?

I was reporting how many bytes came over the wire. Your figures are for
disk usage.

My disk usage:

SVN size 127 MB, size on disk 293 MB, files 52,259, directories 8,799.
CVS size 61 MB, size on disk 96 MB, files 14,066, directories 1,493.

While the disk difference is a bit unsettling, it probably isn't a
showstopper for most people. I was particularly concerned with volume of
data over the net, because if too large it would be a showstopper for those
with dial-up connections.

--Beman