From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-07 11:50:25

External
> memory map, list, and queue are coming soon. The containers
> take only specified (given) fixed amount of main memory, but can
contain
> more elements than can fit into the main memory.
> The containers are compatible with STL algorithms, an example:
>
> #include <stxxl>
>
> // ten billion doubles
> stxxl::vector<double> HugeVector(10ULL * 1000000000ULL);
> std::fill(HugeVector.begin(), HugeVector.end(), 0.0);

[Brian Braatz]
Roman-
        Thank you for submitting this. I am interested in this library
and encourage you onward in bringing this to boost.

Question:
        In a nutshell, if you could please describe
        * How it works
        * what the implications\dark corners are

Are you using memory map files? What other libraries or os specific
functions does your library need.

Thank You
Brian Braatz