From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-07 12:31:04

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Braatz" <brianb_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 12:00 PM
Subject: RE: [boost] Boost Profiler Proposal

> Yes. I would use this library. Though, personally, I would like a
> greater scope of what it does.
>
> The details of other things I would like to see from this library or a
> companion library are here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5sbyx

This line particularly inspires me:

>> * Is capable of parsing C++ code and re-generating an
>> instrumented version of that

The idea of automated instrumentation of code is an interesting one, and is
part of a more general problem that I am currently working on: C++
rewriting. I have started work on a C++ pretty-printer, which rips C++ code
into an XML format and builds the XML back up as either HTML or C++. We
could quite easily introduce new features such as profiling into the code.

The only caveat is that I am using my own parsing library YARD, as opposed
to Spirit. Stay tuned for progress.

Christopher Diggins
Object Oriented Template Library (OOTL)
http://www.ootl.org