From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-08 15:39:26

Hi Thorsten,

I see that gcc-2.95.x is not one of the supported platforms for range, and I
assume that there is a good reason for this. However, I have a couple small
changes to iterator_range which will make it work well enough on gcc-2.95 for
the purposes of the iostreams library, and I'd like permission to commit.

I also added some fixes for Intel.

Here are the tests I've conducted:

VC7.1: passes all tests but mfc
Intel 8.0 (windows): passes all tests but mfc
Borland 5.6.4: passes all tests but mfc and array (failure in Boost.Test)
GCC 3.4.1: passes all tests but mfc
GCC 3.2 (MinGW): passes all tests but mfc
VC7.0: passes no tests, but same was true prior to the changes, on my
installation (although the regression reports show three tests passing)

Also, I've updated mfc/cstring and carray to use the new metafunction names, and
made some fixes so that they compile on windows, but have not tried linking
them.

Jonathan