From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-09 08:29:24

"Alexander Nasonov" <alnsn_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>> It looks very interesting. Since there is no documentation, it would be helpful
>> if you would give a brief description of what the library does and how it might
>> be used.
>
> See for example fsm.cpp here:
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/boost/2185183
>
> or
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/2483684
>
> Unfortunately, there is no documentation yet. I hope MPL interface can help
> understanding it.
> Basically, you turn *definition* defined below into MPL Associative Sequence
> with simple typedef overloads::set<definition>. It will behave similar to
> mpl::set<int(int,int), float(int,float)>. Note that without typeof deref
> can't be defined (workaround exists).
>
> struct definition
> {
> int operator()(id<1> , int a, int b) const { return a + b; }
> float operator()(id<2> , int a, float b) const { return a + b; }
> };

Alexander,

If you want to convince people that your idea is useful it would be a
good idea to make it easier for them to understand why. While I
understand everything you've written above, I still don't know why I'd
want this, and I'm not prepared to reverse-engineer an example FSM
implementation to find out.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting