From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-11 22:52:22

Here's a use case that I had trouble getting to work with the current
profiler implementation.

I have some code that is benchmarking a relatively fast routine. I
was using boost::timer and keeping track of the number of calls I
could do before the timer reached some reasonable value (say 5
seconds). I then report the number of calls/sec I can make by
dividing these values.

I had difficulty converting this to use the profiler code because of
the small run-time of the routine. Using a timer inside my for loop
just resulted in timer underflows. I think what I'm looking for is a
way to bump the "count" portion of the counted_sum for a profiler
without stopping it.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com