From: Hartmut Kaiser (HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-12 06:00:04

I'll have to respond to myself here...

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> > The boost::transform_iterator also returns by reference, if
> > you set it up right. No need for code duplication.
>
> Even better, I'll look into it. The transform_iterator in
> Wave is perhaps an overleft from the old IA library, I
> haven't looked into this for 2 years or so...

After a second look at the transform_iterator in Wave I (re-)discovered,
that it already uses the boost::transform_iterator (I had completely
forgotten about this ;-). The own implementation kicks in only when used in
conjunction with an older Boost version (containing the old IA library).

There are several places in Wave, which allow its compilation with older
Boost versions (back to V1.30.2), but I assume, that this backwards
compatibility can be removed if only Wave will be accepted to be part of
Boost in the future.

Regards Hartmut