From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-14 04:22:52

Joel de Guzman wrote:

>> exe quick_start
>> : ../quick_start.cpp
>> ../../../build//boost_wave
>> :
>> <toolset>vc-7_1:<rtti>off # workaround for compiler bug
>> ;
>>
>> Otherwise I'm out of clues :-(
>
> No, it is the library I am trying to build.
> It's always there. libs/wave/build/Jamfile.v2 has it:
>
> lib boost_wave
> : $(SOURCES).cpp /boost/filesystem//boost_filesystem
> : <toolset>vc-7_1:<rtti>off # workaround for compiler bug
> # Not supported by V2
> # <no-warn>cpp.re.cpp
> ;
>
> I have no clue why it's still bombing. Anyway, I switched to
> bjam V1 and everything's fine. You might want to confirm this
> though. If it's any help, I'm testing Wave against Boost 1.32.0,
> not the current HEAD.

The right syntax is

  <toolset>vc-7.1:<rtti>off

not

  <toolset>vc-7_1:<rtti>off

The change from dot to underscore happened at the last moment during 1.32
preparation because in V1, version names are encoded in toolset filenames,
and ISO filesystem does not allow too many dots. In V2, we're still using
dot.

Also, for the above to work, you need to configure msvc with:

  using msvc : 7.1 ;

not with just

  using msvc ;

Otherwise, V2 won't know what version you're using.

HTH,
Volodya