From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-14 10:16:34

Hubert Holin <Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Somewhere in the E.U., le 14/02/2005
>
> Bonjour
>
> In article <pan.2005.02.11.22.41.31.665443_at_[hidden]>,
> "Preston A. Elder" <prez_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:09:58 +0100, Hubert Holin wrote:
>>
>> > As an organizational note, what would be best, when we add more
>> > conversions to Python? Various pieces bundled with the lib's doc, or in
>> > a centralized location TBD?
>>
>> Not really sure what you mean?
>>
>> I've centralized the python conversions for my own project, which you can
>> see here:
>>
>> http://www.neuromancy.net/viewcvs/Mantra-I/python/?root=mantra
>>
>> You will note that in the 'boost' directory I have added some conversions
>> for things like boost::format, boost::date_time, and boost::logic::tribool.
>>
>> Basically just the things I needed boost conversions for :)
>
> [SNIP]
>
> My question was regarding wether or not we had specified a way to
> put any existing conversion within the Boost directory structure. We
> could upload these to a site such as yours, but perhaps proximity to the
> libraries they are based on would be desirable...

I'd put it under the Boost.Python library, but I think some people
would be upset at Boost.Python's resulting apparent dependency on all
the wrapped libraries.

To get around that problem, I think we need a separate boost library
called python-bindings. Or is it a non-problem?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting