From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-14 20:47:57
Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Jaakko Järvi wrote:
>>> Maybe it's time for Jaakko to simply transfer maintainership of the
>>> tuples library to Joel, so he can proceed?
>> Joel, please go a head. I'll contribute as much as I can,
>> but it would be most welcomed if Joel can take the lead.
> Wow, thanks for your trust. Ok, I'll do my very best.
> Perhaps what I need to ask, at least, is to be able to
> consult with you every now and then.
Ok, replying to myself, here's what I am planning:
1) I intend to refactor fusion to allow different forms of
containers with varying characteristics. I plan to have:
2) The unifying force is the (as usual): iterator
3) There will be intrinsic functions that work on specific
containers (e.g. cons for lists; thus having full backward
compatibility with old tuples).
4) As I intend to follow the MPL mold, I will follow MPL
naming convention (e.g. "at" instead of "get", vector
instead of tuple).
5) Provide a tuple TR1 interface on top of fusion.
6) Provide a backward compatible interface (for old tuples) on
top of fusion.
I'd like to hear your thoughts.
-- Joel de Guzman http://www.boost-consulting.com http://spirit.sf.net
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk