From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-14 20:47:57

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Jaakko Järvi wrote:
>

>>> Maybe it's time for Jaakko to simply transfer maintainership of the
>>> tuples library to Joel, so he can proceed?
>>>

>> Joel, please go a head. I'll contribute as much as I can,
>> but it would be most welcomed if Joel can take the lead.
>

> Wow, thanks for your trust. Ok, I'll do my very best.
> Perhaps what I need to ask, at least, is to be able to
> consult with you every now and then.

Ok, replying to myself, here's what I am planning:

1) I intend to refactor fusion to allow different forms of
    containers with varying characteristics. I plan to have:
    a) vector
    b) list
    c) set
    d) map
2) The unifying force is the (as usual): iterator
3) There will be intrinsic functions that work on specific
    containers (e.g. cons for lists; thus having full backward
    compatibility with old tuples).
4) As I intend to follow the MPL mold, I will follow MPL
    naming convention (e.g. "at" instead of "get", vector
    instead of tuple).
5) Provide a tuple TR1 interface on top of fusion.
6) Provide a backward compatible interface (for old tuples) on
    top of fusion.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Regards,

--