From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-16 13:25:02

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Braatz" <brianb_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:12 PM
Subject: RE: [boost] Re: Re: Profiling Library suggestion

> Christopher,
>
> Just wanted to send out a note so you know I have not lost interest in
> the profile library. I was fairly active in this conversation up until
> the weekend. My main computer died and had to be reinstalled. I am back
> running again (and back on mail).
>
> I am re-arranging the project I am working on so that I can spend the
> next 5 days to actually use your library as is to profile a million line
> application. I will keep you posted as to my progress. (considering the
> structure of the application, the "hard part" here is going to be adding
> the library in after the fact).
>
> This should be a fairly useful experience.
>
> Thank you for staying with this library and responding to all of the
> suggestions from myself and others.

It has been my pleasure! You have made me feel that my contributions are
worth the effort. Please keep me posted as to how the library works for you
and how I can be of further service.

The latest source is online at:
http://www.ootl.org/profiler/profiler.hpp.htm
http://www.ootl.org/profiler/profile_manager.hpp.htm
http://www.ootl.org/profiler/custom_profile_manager.hpp.htm

Warning: This version of the code is almost guaranteed to be broken.

I still need to write several regression tests and I want to update the
design to allow for profile manager variables, and to write a better default
profile manager. The current one is far too limited.

I am going to be working on the next version of the profile library all day
today (and tommorrow), and I'll keep you posted as to the developments.

Christopher Diggins
http://www.ootl.org