From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-17 01:13:06
On 02/07/2005 07:48 PM, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> The Wave C++ preprocessor library review begins today
* What is your evaluation of the design?
Didn't have time to evaluate that.
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
No time, again.
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
Needs some work. Details on what work provided by my
previous posts and the current attachment.
* What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of
It would be very useful.
* Did you try to use the library? With what compiler?
Did you have any problems?
Yes, with the g++ compiler, version 3.3.4. However,
as noted by other respondents, the boost filesystem
doesn't believe character, +, is valid filename
character; yet, some g++ system header filenames
include that character.
Another problem was that my wave took about 4 minutes
while using most of the cpu before aborting when
parsing a BOOST_PP_ENUM_PARAMS call.
* How much effort did you put into your evaluation?
A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?
A lot into reading the documentation. A fair amount
it getting it to work.
* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost
library? Be sure to say this explicitly so that your
other comments don't obscure your overall opinion.
Most definitely, but I'd sure like some help getting
wave to work for me. I suspect I've done something
wrong since Paul Mensonides has obviously used it to
do something more complicated than
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk