From: Hartmut Kaiser (HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-17 03:16:04

Larry Evans wrote:

> * What is your evaluation of the documentation?
>
> Needs some work. Details on what work provided by my

Thanks for these fixes, I'm currently incorporating them into the
documentation.

> * Did you try to use the library? With what compiler?
> Did you have any problems?
>
> Yes, with the g++ compiler, version 3.3.4. However,
> as noted by other respondents, the boost filesystem
> doesn't believe character, +, is valid filename
> character; yet, some g++ system header filenames
> include that character.
>
> Another problem was that my wave took about 4 minutes
> while using most of the cpu before aborting when
> parsing a BOOST_PP_ENUM_PARAMS call.

I really would like to further investigate this. I plan to build Wave here
on my Windows machine with Cygwin to try to reproduce your problem. I'll get
back to you as soon as I have any new results.

> * Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost
> library? Be sure to say this explicitly so that your
> other comments don't obscure your overall opinion.
>
> Most definitely, but I'd sure like some help getting
> wave to work for me. I suspect I've done something
> wrong since Paul Mensonides has obviously used it to
> do something more complicated than
> BOOST_PP_ENUM_PARAMS :(

Thanks!
Defintely it is usable in more sophisticated contexts, even if it is slower
than gcc.

Regards Hartmut