From: Hartmut Kaiser (HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-19 06:41:57

Beman Dawes wrote:

> >The same was reported already for a Windows system, where
> the '+' makes the >boost::filesystem to throw as well (Wave
> uses the boost::filesystem::native >path validator, i.e.
> system dependant validation is performed).
>
> Hum... Are you sure that '+' is causing an exception for
> boost::filesystem::native on Windows? I inspected the code,
> and '+' is not one of the invalid characters for Windows. I
> also just added a regression test case, and it is not failing.
>
> My guess is that there is a path through the program where
> native is not being set.

You are right! I haven't realised, that the path::operator/=() implicitly
calls the path() constructor when used with a string on the right sight:

    fs::path p;
    std::string s;

    p /= s; // uses the default name checker here

This problem is fixed now (at least for the Windows environment).
Thanks!

> >I've already tried to get in contact with Beman, but got no
> response so >far.
>
> I haven't gotten any email from you recently. Please try
> again, and I'll check to make sure my ISP isn't blocking your
> email address.

Never mind... I've simply CC'ed my reply to the [boost] list to you, perhaps
you haven't seen it for this reason.

Regards Hartmut