From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-19 09:37:41

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 14:10 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 12:33:29PM +0100, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>
> Hi Julio,
>
> > BTW, vim warned me saying that the files I changed in the patch do not
> > have a newline at the end. It added one automatically, but I've
> > removed that chunk from the patch. Is this behavior expected? IMHO,
> > the newline should be there (otherwise, cat <file> looks ugly).
>
> I think that is expected, yes. Vim always adds newlines to text files,
> because as you say, it's usually the right thing to do.

Hmm well, I think I explained it incorrectly. What I wanted to ask is
if not having newlines is the expected thing to do in boost's files.
I.e., if they shouldn't be really there.

But as Douglas added them, it looks like it is not (so they should be
added when noticed).

> I think if you start vim in binary mode (vim -b) then it doesn't add a
> newline.

Oh, good to know.

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/