From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-21 11:14:13

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:14:57 -0300
Felipe Magno de Almeida <felipe.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ive searched in boost a typeid wrapper like the one Andrei
> Alexandrescu uses in his book (Modern C++ Design), but didnt found
> any, except one in the python library. It seemed very much what Im
> searching, so I'm wondering why it is in the python library. I think
> it is a very useful feature outside python library either. So Im
> asking if it shouldnt be a general class in the boost library, instead
> of being a feature to be used by the python library only?

I have done most of the work to move the python one out "on its own."
Unfortunately, I ran into a snag. Specifically, I can not get all the
tests to build correctly using bjam. I seem to have everything working
for unix, using makefiles, but can not get it to work with bjam. I
think this is essential, especially to run all the tests on non-unix
platforms.

<advertisement>
I would be happy to resume the effort if I can get some specific
involvement from someone who can help me get everything running with
Boost.Build.
</advertisement>