From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-23 19:43:47

Hi Pavel

>> The produced binaries certainly will never be small. Out of
>> curiosity, do you have any numbers (number of states -> size of
>> executable)?
> GCC is known to produce huge executables in debug mode.

I noticed that also, but I guess Simon meant the release mode
executables. The situation is much better in release mode, at least on
Windows: Compiling the boost::fsm examples with GCC invariably results
in executables ~200KB bigger than compiled with MSVC7.1. I'm not sure
why this offset exists, maybe one could get rid of it by specifying
different command-line switches.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber