From: Joao Abecasis (jpabecasis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-24 15:50:35

Larry Evans wrote:
> Could it also be used with or merged with multi_array. IOW,
> a multi_array, m, can be thought of as a tree, where tree depth is
> m.num_dimensions() and each level of the tree has the same depth
> and number of children.

I think the interface for a multi_array is different from what one would
expect from a tree. So I don't think they should be merged. From what
you say, maybe multi_array could use a tree as a backend.

Still, if you need indexed access to the nodes, I think you'd be better
off with a wrapper around a vector and an index translation scheme than
with a tree.

Hmm... On second thought, you could probably have a tree view on top of
a multi_array or the other way around (I'd go for the first, if I was to
choose...)

Best,

João