From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-26 17:59:26

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

> While we on the topic could somebody clarify these:
>
> 4. What implicit_cast.hpp is doing?

It converts its value argument to its type argument via implicit conversion.

> Where is it documented? In cast.hpp it says that implicit_cast is
> removed due to uncertain purpose.

Some time after we figured out what it should do, I added it back in
because I needed it. I thought that I had added it in boost::detail
and someone else had it moved int boost::, but that appears not to be
the case. It should be documented.

> 8. How iterator/detail/enable_if.hpp is different from
> utility/enable_if.hpp?

Subtly ;-)
It essentially "goes quiet" on compilers that don't support SFINAE.

> 9. Lately many headers appeared in top level directory without being
> documented (or I have difficulties find docs). Shouldn't all top level
> headers be covered (unless it's trivial forward header) and have a reference
> in header itself where docs located?

Probably.

--
Dave Abrahams