From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-28 11:16:50

I can envision this coming up from time to time in the future. In fact, I
would expect that there are few other components in different places. The
issue came up here because it has compiled code. I don't know if this is
unique.

I think the current situation is adequate so I'm inclined not to mess with
it for now. However, I do believe that the directory for these things
should accomodate library pages and tests as should all boost libraries.
The library page for the utf8_codecvt_facet is currently in the
serialization library from which I would like to move it. The serialization
library currently has a test of this facet (I think the program options
library does as well). This is sort of OK, but I would like to see a more
logical home for it. If this were done, the serialization library would be
a little bit smaller which would be a good think.

I think we tried to get a fast track review of this at one time, but the
discussion metasisized into unicode conversion and was nitpicked to death -
so here we are.

Robert Ramey