From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 13:39:44

Presumptive mode ON ;-)

| So now is your chance to recommend this tool into Boost
| Here are some questions you might want to answer in
| your review:
|
| * What is your evaluation of the documentation?
| How easy (or hard) it is to understand library
| features? What can be improved?

Tutorial and examples are helpful and well written
(and refer to guides on why you would want to use FSM/UML)
and enough to get started.

| * What is your evaluation of the design?
Not qualified to judge.

| * The library documentation contains
| few not yet solved issues (name,
| separating the library into two parts,
| exception handling). What is you opinion here?
OK - could be changed in the light of more user feedback
(but we won't get that until accepted into Boost?)

| * What is your evaluation of the implementation?
| Are there parts of code too obscure or
| duplicating exiting Boost functionality?
| Can something be factored out to standalone
| library or among general utilities?
Not qualified to judge, but code _looks_ up to standard.

| * Are there performance bottlenecks?
| Does the library design fit requirements
| of real-time systems? How is it useable
| for embedded systems?
| Is the documentation clear on performance
| tradeoffs?
Yes - but guidance on suitable applications during review could be added.

| * What is your evaluation of the potential
| usefulness of the library?

More useful than some might think. Maintainability seems strongest factor.

| Can you compare this FSM to other implementations?

| * Did you try to use the library?
Only ran stopwatch OK on MS 8.0

| * How much effort did you put into your
| evaluation?
A quick reading?
| * Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
No.

| * Do you think the library should be accepted as a
| Boost library?

Yes