From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 13:28:16

Jarl Lindrud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've searched this list a bit and found a few mentions of rpc's
> (Remote Procedure Call), but nothing concrete.
>
> I've written a library for doing portable C++ RPC's, which can be
> downloaded at
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/threads/RMI_For_Cpp.asp
>
> Is there any interest in Boost for something like this, and if so in
> what directions do you all think it should be developed?

I just looked briefly, and I am intrigued by the possibility that this
functionality could be integrated with the (unofficial) Boost Interfaces
library.

http://www.kangaroologic.com/interfaces/

On my todo list is runtime reflection for interfaces, which I've been thinking
might eventually form part of an RPC mechanism, together with
Boost.Serialization. See

http://tinyurl.com/6z55h

You're interface definitions look a lot like Boost IDL definitions:

http://www.kangaroologic.com/interfaces/libs/interfaces/doc/index.html?path=2.2

What kind of code needs to be generated by the macros to support your framework?

Jonathan