From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-05 00:56:26

I have personally verified that the library now works with .NET 2002,
2003, 2005, and with Dev-C++. A new package has been uploaded which in
addition to the new code and updated docs contains two source files.
Compiling these two files successfully should verify that the singleton
will work on your compiler. If they don't compile, please let me know
immediately so that I can fix them. Recent changes include:

* create_statically uses a static instance instead of aligned_storage.
I am starting to think that create_statically is a bad policy
altogether, and am tempted to remove it. For a creation policy that
always creates and destroys the instance in the same place in memory,
you should write an allocator policy which always returns the same
memory location and use it with create_using_std_allocator_ex.

* creatable classes defined inside creators are now templated because it
makes VC 7.0 happy and doesn't hurt anything.

As always, the code is in the sandbox
(http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/)

-Jason