From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-05 01:26:24

Something .NET doesn't have (but Win32 and Linux do), is I/O
completion ports. For a high-performance server app, they beat pretty
much everything. It would be great to see this get into a boost
library, and trivial to implement them using select/poll in platforms
that don't support true completion ports.