From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-06 17:23:08

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your review!

Jeff Garland wrote:
[snip]
> This isn't a problem in my view as RTTI is a feature of C++. While I
> acknowledge that there are a group of folks that want to turn it off
> for embedded work, I think if they are that concerned about
> performance they probably won't use fsm anyway.

One example of an embedded system where I think this library wouldn't
cause any noticeable overheads is a digital camera, which usually needs
to have a rather fat processor for fast jpeg encoding. The FSM inside
such a camera only needs to have reaction times in the 100 millisecond
range (good enough for the human pushing the buttons). I think there are
many other such systems.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber