From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 07:53:09

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> I'm suggesting that the work continue on the mainline towards release
> and that anyone working on something OTHER than the release, work on a
> branch. That way as long as we're playing with CVS the testers don't
> have to do ANYTHING to their already functioning scripts. The only people
> who will need to worry about weird labels will be those working on stuff
> unrelated to the release.

FWIW, I agree with Victor. I'd go further and state that the CVS should
_always_ be kept in a release-ready form. Any deviations from this ideal
should be fixed as quickly as possible. I, personally, always use the CVS
version of Boost, I never wait for an "official" release. This model is not
well supported. Most energy is invested in releases, which makes them very
hard to manage (because the effort is not amortized over time.)

Scheduled releases are still a good thing because they provide a deadline,
though.