From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 02:27:16

At Monday 2005-03-07 22:05, you wrote:
>Victor A. Wagner Jr. writes:
> > AND can we talk about HOW we're going to manage the cvs this time
> > (with the testers also?) or are we gonna do it the way we've been
> > muddling through on the past releases? I submit that having the
> > regression testers do ANYTHING other than let the automated stuff
> > run is essentially unacceptable.
>
>You'd _have_ to switch between branches at some point (unless we
>branch for release immediately once the timeframe has been decided
>on),

I'm suggesting that the work continue on the mainline towards release and
that anyone working on something OTHER than the release, work on a
branch. That way as long as we're playing with CVS the testers don't have
to do ANYTHING to their already functioning scripts. The only people who
will need to worry about weird labels will be those working on stuff
unrelated to the release.