From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 23:48:36

Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>>- bugs in the testing procedure take too long to get fixed
>> I think all I can say on this one is said here --
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/119341.
>
> I'm not trying to imply Misha or you wouldn't do enough. However, the
> fact that only two people have the knowledge and the access to the
> result collection stage of the testing process is a problem in itself.

That is worrisome.

>>>- incremental testing doesn't work flawlessly
>> That's IMO another "top 10" issue that hurts a lot.

It's a bit of a problem that when bjam scans for header dependencies
it can't preprocess the files, so dependencies created by

  #include SOME_MACRO()

don't get registered.

>>>- lousy performance of Sourceforge
>>>- resource limitations at Sourceforge (e.g. the number of files there)
>> This doesn't hurt us anymore, does it?
>
> It hurts everytime the result collecting stage doesn't work correctly.
> We're not able to generate our own XML results and to upload them due to
> the SF resource limits.

We can get resources from OSL if we need them... once this discussion
discovers what we need ;-)

By the way, this discussion should really be moved to boost-testing.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting