From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 09:42:11

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams writes:
>> Stefan Slapeta <stefan_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> I agree 100%!
>>> IMO there is one major issue that was raised by me and others several
>>> times and that has <cynismn>successfully</cynismn> been set aside so
>>> far: boost is getting larger and larger but nobody wants to talk about
>>> the side effects this brings along:
>>>
>>> - the size of the binaries has grown incredibly!
>>> - the time and disk space needed for test runs are higher than ever before
>>> - the boost library itself is on the way to become a blob of more or
>>> less unrelated code/library fragments.
>>
>> I actually have noticed and do want to talk about it, and I am
>> trying to prepare some thoughts on the subject. I have been
>> planning to raise these issues first with the Boost moderators, as
>> we're primarily responsible for Boost administration.
>
> Many people who do a fair amount of work on "administration" are not
> moderators. I don't see why a discussion like this should be started
> in a private circle that doesn't include all the interested parties.

Normally we do some things that way to keep them manageable in the
early stages of discussion. It was part of my plan to suggest
inviting the other major players. Obviously I didn't think it was all
that crucial to do in private or I wouldn't have mentioned it here at
all. Just to be clear, I think this discussion should go way beyond
testing to look at all of Boost's infrastructure and management.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting