From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 10:12:09

Jaap Suter wrote:
> I would like to second the following:
>
> "1. The overloads of hash_value for STL containers forces the
> implementation to include <vector>, <list>, etc., which makes the
> header a little heavier than desired."
>
> I'd say it's not a 'little' heavier but a lot heavier. Can we not put
> the extensions in their own header files; vector_hash.hpp or
> something?

No, this is not desirable, but the main header can probably be made to
include granular <boost/hash/*.hpp> headers.

> Not everybody has all these containers in a precompiled header
> already.

FWIW, I never use precompiled headers, and have never had problems with
standard includes. That's because most translation units end up including
most of the standard library anyway. But this may be just me.