From: Reid Sweatman (drunkardswalk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 21:16:12

It might be salvable, though. I liked it a lot, just thought it too close.
Got to looking more closely and noticed that you can (if you really want to
<g>) see the cubes on and above the main diagonal as a spaceship, and the
remaining cube as its exhaust. Were you to shift the "wing" cubes in the
direction of the anti-diagonal (i.e., southwest <g>), maybe curve their
links with the center, it might remain appealing and lose that unfortunate
resemblance. It also kind of looks like Batman. (No, I don't have a comic
stuffed into my copy of "C++ Template Metaprogramming" <g>). Could also
just rotate it 45 degrees widdershins. That would probably also mess up the
resemblance, although it also messes up the nice asymmetry of the original.
Could also change the "flame" cube to a triangle by eliminating the half
closest to the "ship." Just suggestions. It's the flu meds, y'know? I'm a
zombie right now. But it would have been my first choice, too; ought to be
some way to rework it while keeping the essence.

Reid