From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-21 06:09:25

> I have done some investigation and it may be possible for OSL to
> provide a testing farm for Boost developers. OSL would like to know
> what kind of hardware, OS, compilers are most needed. Please post
> your requests in this thread.

Good timing: I've just inquired of SAP what platforms they support (they're
using Boost.Regex inside their NetWeaver product, and to provide the regex
functionality inside their next release of the ABAP language) and they're
supporting quite a few platforms that we currently don't test:

 - HP-UX (HP-UX 9000/800)
 - HP-UX Itanium (ia64)
 - Linux PPC
 - Linux OS/390
 - Windows 64 Bit (Intel und AMD)
 - Sun Solaris (Sparc)
 - AIX
 - zOS
 - Alpha (OSF1)
 - AS/400

I'm don't know what compilers their using, but I'm assuming the platform
vendor's native compiler where possible.

I'll bcc this to the SAP developers in case they're willing to help run and
publish Boost's tests on any of those platforms.

John.