From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-22 17:40:09

Edward Diener wrote:

> What all this means is that, for any given compiler, a tool such as yours
> ideally needs to accept the same set of command-line options as the
> particular compiler accepts, and know how to set any macros, as well as a
> final composite include path, from those options.

Indeed, that is basically how it works. Up to this point I have only used
it to emulate various versions of gcc and MSVC, but it shouldn't be hard to
extend to others. The hard part is really to know how to detect a compiler
and how to determine the predefined macros and paths. The passing through
of unknown options is simple, as the wrapper doesn't need to interpret
anything. It's just a proxy after all.

Regards,
                Stefan