From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-23 13:10:40

Brian Braatz wrote:

> [Brian Braatz Writes:]
> thanks John- that is a good point
>
> I recall you CAN also accomplish rolling in a "release" version of the
> std runtime with debug build of an exe, but it is brittle and does not
> work in all cases for all types of projects- this solution requires you
> to very carefully tweak all the right compiler settings across all the
> libraries.
>
> In other words, just because you can doesn't mean you should :)

Borland always uses a release version of the STL and run-time libs. If
you want debug versions, you have to build them yourself. Running on
windows, we get auto-linked by default which gives us the debug boost
libs for our debug builds, but I'd be quite happy with release builds,
providing there weren't any #ifdef _DEBUG in header files going to screw
up structure alignment and such (as can happen if you don't use the
multi-threaded version of some libs etc)

Russell