From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-01 07:37:14

Daniel and I are working on getting the Named Parameter Library up to
the standards requested as part of its review. Over the past few
months I realized I also needed "unnamed parameters" (which have no
definite order and are discriminated by type), and it made sense to
extend the library in that direction. There's also a need for unnamed
(and maybe even named) template parameters, and all of these
facilities can use a lot of code in common with what we've already
got.

I think it makes sense to just call this library Boost.Parameter and
put it in namespace boost::parameters. I thought it made sense to
give people a chance to object, just in case. But everyone loves this
idea, right? ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting