From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-02 11:32:10

Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Apr 2, 2005, at 3:53 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:
>
>> Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>>>
>>> I'll say this again.... if you branch, branch the development that's
>>> NOT related to 1.33.0
>>
>> I'll agree again. The changes I check in when we are in release mode
>> (have a release branch active) _always_ go to both the trunk and the
>> branch. The branch doesn't help me in any way.
>
> Fair enough.

Hey, this is a pretty radical idea. None of the projects I've seen
work that way, and it won't be possible to use this approach if we
have to make a 1.33.1. I'm not going to say flat out that it's the
wrong approach, but at least there ought to be a loud announcement
that we're thinking of turning the release procedure on its head.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting