From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-02 11:48:04

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Pavel Chikulaev" <pavel.chikulaev_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> * IMO combination of Search by Google and Go Search button is not
>> good idea.
>
> My biggest problem with it is that it doesn't look like a button at
> all.

Well there are only two possible choices then..

1. Have both the Google logo and a GO/SEARCH button.

2. Make a custom Google logo + button.

The second is likely not possible given the rules of the Google search
service.

>> * Links in the body are underlined, but on the right side are not.
>
> They are except for the ones that are obviously menu items (look at
> the bottom). I appreciate the fact that there aren't lots of
> underlines in those things that are clearly going to be links. That said...

Yes. Exactly the same conclusion I came to when I switch to have the
links underlined.

>> * IMO Links in the body don't look good. (I mean dash underlining).
>
> I agree with this. If you want a de-emphasized indicator some kind of
> pale solid underline would work. I suppose the dashes are supposed to
> work with any background color the user chooses? Even a dotted
> (alternating pixels) line would be better.

I actually agree.. My first attempt was to use the "dotted" underlines
and the do look much better than the "dashed". But that brings up
another unfortunate browser issue: IE doesn't support the "dotted"
borders and displays "dashed" borders instead.

Guess I'll have to try and draw my own borders for this :-\ -- Or just
make IE users suffer the less pleasing look.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything