From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-04 12:11:36

Jonathan Wakely <cow_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 09:45:44PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> True. It's just a shame that browsers maximize to this silly
>> horizontal aspect ratio all of our screens use.
>
> Use a window manager that lets you maximise a window vertically only,
> or horizontally only. It's not the browser's job really.

Well, that's of theoretical interest only, because AFAIK there is no
such window manager available to me, especially not on Windows.

Of equally theoretical interest: it _should_ be the browser's job to
support multiple columns as the window gets wider, but AFAIK that's
not supported by any browsers (or HTML) either.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting