From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-04 22:48:12

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:51:30 -0400, Beman Dawes wrote

> This is the first time I've ever used the POSIX config mechanisms,
> so I may have it wrong. I'll check... Hum... I find the POSIX docs
> for sysconf() pretty impeneratable regarding the return value. I can
> see why I took >=0 to be needed, but I could also read it in a way
> that >0 would be OK.
>
> Any POSIX experts out there?
>
> > Finally, readdir_r() is available on FreeBSD even though neither
> > _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS not _SC_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS is defined.
> > I don't know how to test for it though, FreeBSD's sysconf() only claims
> > to support POSIX 1990, even though some later interfaces are available.
>
> Someone with access to that system needs to figure out what PP macro
> to look for.

Once we get this figured out, I'd like to put this into the config library. I
need this config info in date-time and it looks like the filesystem and time
access functions normally use the same macro (at least for this platform).
I'd suggest something like:

BOOST_HAS_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS

No hurry -- we should wait until after 1.33 when there is less chance of
perturbing the release ;-)

Jeff